How to Select an IT Consulting Firm
Many technology consulting firms and Managed Service Providers have specialties, so you need to understand their services focus. You don’t want a consulting firm centered on backup and disaster recovery services to work on mobile device support. IT environments today are so interdependent and interconnected we recommend the IT consultants you select have a broad range of experience in many disciplines.
10 Considerations When Hiring an IT Consultant
What do you want an IT consulting firm to do?
When searching for a top IT consultants, you need to prioritize what you are looking for and understand how an IT consulting company can impact a particular project and your overall organization.
Are you seeking:
- Assistance with a project
- Acquisition and installation of a new piece of equipment
- To augment your IT staff bringing an “outside” perspective
- Management control of the consultant’s activities
- To create a long-term relationship?
- Help for a “mission critical” project or day-to-day support?
- Ongoing support and maintenance from this consulting firm?
- A consultant to work with your sensitive intellectual property (IP)?
- Training or a knowledge transfer from this consultant?
- A particular person for ongoing support
These considerations are essential when hiring IT consultants and should be reviewed to ensure both the success of your project and the success of your relationship.
What Kind of IT Consulting Firm are You Looking For?
IT consultants that bring the most value are those with actual operating experience. Hill has 20 years consulting experience. We currently operate and manage thousands of devices for over 3,000 clients. It is this “depth and breadth” of skills that deliver more value to our consulting clients. Don’t be limited by selecting IT consultants with limited expertise.
- IT performance improvement
- Business process improvement
- Capacity planning and management
- Remediation, troubleshooting, and repair
- IT infrastructure design and architecture
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Microsoft Office 365 migrations and management
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
Strategic IT Planning and Consulting:
- Aligning your business objectives to your IT infrastructure
- Change management
- Analyzing the ROI on your IT investments
- Outsourcing cost analysis
- 24×7 management
- Azure, AWS, design, configuration and 24×7 support
- Virtualization migration and hosting
IT Security Consulting:
- Cloud Security
- Regulatory and Compliance Management
- Backup and disaster recovery plans
- Active intrusion protection and detection
- Security monitoring
Apple and MAC Consulting and Support:
- Compliance and security
- Operating in a hybrid environment